|Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Primary duties include taking responsibility for the purchase of all materials associated with the project, assisting with project documentation, reporting, and contract administration.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with the client, sub-contractors, vendors, and internal staff involved with various projects.
2. Utilizing computer skills regularly to communicate, analyze information, and keep accurate records of project activities.
3. Coordinate other clerical and administrative support services associated with various projects.
4. Establish and maintain good working relationships and with all clients, vendors, and company employees who provide the assistance needed to support a project. Coordinate work with administrative support services as needed.
5. Prepare written Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for vendor supplied items and subcontracts in compliance with engineering specifications. Work with subcontractors during the RFQ development process.
6. Receive vendor bids, evaluate/tabulate bids considering price, delivery date, past performance of vendor, etc. to determine successful bidder. Work with subcontractors on the technical evaluation of bids. Assist Project Manager in negotiating terms/conditions of and place purchase orders including those quoted and evaluated/tabulated by engineering firms under subcontract. Negotiate, issue, and track purchase change as well as change orders.
7. Expedite awarded purchase orders to insure delivery dates comply with construction schedule requirements. Maintain current status records on all purchase orders in both hard copy and electronic format. Update Spectrum as needed.
8. Coordinate invoice problems with vendor and accounting; delivery requirements with vendor and Project Manager; quality requirements with Engineering, as appropriate. Review, and recommend acceptance/rejection of invoicing from vendors on all Procurement items.
9. Gather and summarize all procurement associated invoicing details for submission to Accounting for incorporation on monthly invoicing.
10. In coordination with Project Manager, represent Duro Electric during meetings with sales and vendor representatives as needed. Coordinate project documentation. Assist in the planning of project meetings – prepare the pre-job meeting agenda, handle documenting, distribution and filing of meeting minutes.
11. Oversee and/or process day-to-day administrative items (i.e., expense reports, supply requisitions, personnel transaction forms, operating budgets, etc.) per supervisor’s authorization. Compose and/or edit letters, memos, reports, statistical analysis, procedures, etc., as required.
12. May occasionally oversee various segments of a project at the request of project management.
13. Set up owner pay applications. Set up, track and issue lien waivers.
14. Perform additional duties as assigned.