Quality Control Technician
||Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
||Idaho Falls, ID
||Keegan R Hibbert
||05/19/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Responsible to safely collect samples of concrete and aggregates and test for conformance to specifications.
|EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
2. Ability to organize testing data and information.
3. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
4. Ability to provide and maintain proper certifications, licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
5. Would prefer that candidates have a minimum of 3 years experience working in Quality Control and Concrete sales and production.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safely and properly perform laboratory tests on variety of materials (Aggregate and Concrete).
2. Collect material samples, identify material, and compile statistical data on test results.
3. Perform necessary tests (i.e., gradations, shales, %crushed, air, slump, unit weight, etc.)
4. Examine and evaluate data – determine material quality in relation to specifications
5. Present alternative actions in relation to the evaluation.
6. Perform arithmetic operations and report findings and needed actions.
7. Maintain lab and equipment.
8. Conduct finished and in-process inspections.
9. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Communicate test results to appropriate stakeholders.
10. Ensure work activities comply with MSHA, OSHA, EPA, safety and environmental regulations.
11. Travel is required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
|How To Apply
|You may apply online at http://jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
4055 Professional Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.