|Responsible for leading by example, fulfilling the company’s guiding principles and vision, which is: With integrity, create superior shareholder value by expanding upon our expertise to be the supplier of choice in all of our markets while being a safe and great place to work.
Duties include successfully planning and executing the operating company’s (CELB) strategic plan. This plan is focused on four key areas, the Critical Success Factors – 1) Safety First; 2) Financial Success (includes operational excellence initiatives); 3) Employee Satisfaction (includes training, leadership development, teambuilding and community engagement); and 4) Customer Satisfaction.
Responsibilities also include directing the day-to-day operations of the company by providing clear direction, empowering employees to achieve well defined goals and creating a winning environment that attracts, retains and appropriately rewards its employees for achievement.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Establish and monitor short-term and long-range plans consistent with overall profit and growth objectives.
2. Provide key management direction to top executive and supervisory personnel motivating managers to function as a cohesive organization.
3. Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out major plans and procedures consistent with established policies.
4. Monitor and analyze operating results of the company relative to established objectives and ensure that performance is satisfactorily maintained.
5. Ensure the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure, taking appropriate steps to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
6. Encourage the development of dynamic company spirit exemplifying fairness, creativity, integrity, and healthy aggressiveness while producing maximum benefit to the employees, clients, and the community.