|Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for developing, coordinating, and administering technical, safety and environmental training. Interprets and advises field supervision of operational codes, standards, and local, state, and federal laws to ensure understanding and compliance. Responsible for the coordination, implementation, training and compliance of Company rules and regulations pertaining to OSHA, DOT, EPA, Federal, State and Local rules and regulations and requirements for the Regions and Power Production including Installation Standards, Gas Procedures Standards and Emergency Response Guidelines. Maintenance of records and documentation of all training, testing, evaluations, audits and surveys as required by the Company and Federal Regulators.
|1. Develops, conducts and/or coordinates technical training in all aspects of gas, electric, propane distribution, the non-regulated (utilization) operation, safety, environmental, home study, orientation, and mobile dispatch and meter reading systems sessions for employees.
2. Researches, develops, administers, and implements the Apprenticeship and Training programs (Department of Labor certified program).
3. Administers and coordinates the Operator Qualification program for Company personnel & conducts associated training.
4. Interprets and advises field supervision of code related issues. Codes include all Federal, State, and Local Building, Mechanical and Plumbing codes, DOT, and OSHA regulations.
5. Advises and assists management and other departments in implementing technical training programs, utility, and non-regulated programs, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures and provides technical support to resolve issues.
6. Develops, maintains and implements Serviceman/Service Technician Handbook, Approved Equipment Catalog, Power Production safety procedures if applicable, and other Company standards, policies, and procedures.
7. Coordinates, implements, administers, audits, and maintains records for all the Company's environmental policies and procedures, PCB management and Spill Prevention Control, and Countermeasures program.
8. Coordinates, plans, audits and implements all functions of the Company's safety policies and procedures, including maintaining OSHA required records and conducting OSHA required training. Maintain all safety, DOT, environmental, technical (OQ), and training records. Maintain and update MSDS's throughout the Regions and Power Production.
9. Guides, advises, and coordinates safety committees in the Regions and Power Production.
10. Coordinates respiratory and hearing conservation programs and DOT – DQF.
11. Coordinates inspections of buildings, fire extinguishers, First Aid kits, and PPE supplies, and vehicles. Follow up with repairs, replacements, and updates.
12. Assists local management in the administration of return to work efforts after on-the-job injuries. Assists in case management process. Communicates with the injured employees on a regular basis.
13. Conducts safety audits, drills, and inspections. Assist management in accident investigation and in the design of safe work spaces and practices.
14. Develops, conducts and/or coordinates electric transmission switching, substation and clearance training, where applicable.
15. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.