CONCRETE FIELD REPRESENTATIVE
||Knife River - Western Oregon Division
||Metro Ready Mix
||Kelly L Alexander
||05/10/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinate with sales team and dispatch the top priority projects on a day-to-day basis.
• Monitor and coordinate jobsite delivery
• Perform concrete field testing daily.
• Dose admixtures/additives to concrete loads.
• Solicit customer feedback and build close customer relationships.
• Provide verbal and written feedback to production, sales and QC staff.
• Provide customers with on-the-spot solutions to urgent problems.
• Assist sales staff with project submittals, review plans and specifications prior to bidding
• Assist sales staff in resolving customer complaints and questions.
• Monitor performance and trouble shoot production and quality deficiencies.
• Develop a good working relationship with fellow team members, driver teams, customers and KRC contracting group.
• This position will require active involvement in trade and community associations.
• Be actively involved in production & quality teams.
• Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to operate and learn new computer programs.
• Ability to effectively manage time and multi task.
• Ability to obtain Quality Control Technician (QCT) certification.
• Ability to obtain Concrete Control Technician (CCT) certification.
• Ability to manage stressful situations.
• Ability to work safely in a busy construction environment.
• Willingness to work odd hours and Saturday’s if necessary.
• Must work as a member of a location team.
• Ability to accurately log important information on a daily basis.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to safely lift up to 85 lbs several times per day. \
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to speak effectively before contractors or employees of organization.
• Ready Mix laydown experience a preference.
|How To Apply
|To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.