|1. For operating companies of CSG: Accumulates, calculates, coordinates, and records monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting estimates and amortizations to ensure proper accounting and allocation: including financial forecast updates, cost of service, current and deferred income taxes, central cash activity and bank reconciliations.
2. Determine the equity valuation of acquisitions, record shares issued and related equity additions; coordinate with other companies to ensure matching entries are recorded by all segments of the company. In addition, determine the capital structure and calculate the return on equity and invested capital components.
3. Prepare monthly/quarterly internal statements and financial report: accumulate data, analyze income, cash flows and margin statements, research and write concise and accurate explanations of variances and changes, prepare associated supporting documents.
4. Prepare analyses, reports and data requests for management, internal departments, governmental agencies and external entities.
5. Design, complete and maintain spreadsheets and databases necessary for assigned duties. Assist in the maintenance, enhancement and implementation of accounting and financial application software: financial reporting tool database, consolidation software for internal and inter-company reporting, financial forecasting databases, Dexter and Chaney’s Spectrum, JDEdwards and Hyperion financial software.
6. Assists in compliance with GAAP, calculation, accumulation and reporting of financial data relating to new or existing FASBs or other accounting pronouncements.
7. Accumulates, investigates, and interprets data necessary to calculate a potential acquisition's valuation and forecast model in order to analyze and discuss the acquisition's possible financial benefits with management.
8. Lead person responsible for Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must possess a working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts at a level normally acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting and a minimum of three years’ experience in accounting.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Demonstrated financial analytical skills. Advanced knowledge of accounting methods and procedures and applicable financial statement preparation methods and requirements. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, Dexter and Chaney’s Spectrum, JDEdwards, and Hyperion applications. Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate financial data.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Possession of professional certification; CPA certified. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software. Spectrum, JDEdwards, and Hyperion consolidation software; construction accounting experience.
MAJOR CHALLENGES AND DECISION MAKING
Continue to find efficiencies and implement synergies. Incorporate complex, new financial and accounting standards. Provide timely and accurate financial information that will assist management in the decision making process and will contribute to the profitability of the company. Responsible for making decisions as to the proper mapping of new and existing accounts for financial reporting purposes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Also responsible for recommending proper accounting treatment of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.