||Knife River - Northern California Ready Mix Div.
||Elk Grove, CA
||David C Smith
||05/14/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Dispatch ready-mix concrete in a timely manner. It includes working with customers to provide efficient service and customer service, customer satisfaction, and establishing good employee relations with employees involved with delivery. This position also performs proper batching of concrete in accordance with all job specifications and mix designs. Quality and consistency must be a priority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Dispatch orders in a timely and efficient manner.
• Communicate with drivers and direct them to delivery locations.
• Opening and closing procedures, answering phones, taking orders, and scheduling
trucks and drivers.
• Work with customers in a positive, professional manner when there are technical
problems or conflicting delivery times, establishing satisfactory re-scheduled times,
and contract contractors who have future ready-mix pour schedules and have failed
to call in.
• Ship orders in a timely and efficient manner, work with customers to adjust truck
demand to meet proper deliver rate.
• Correlate with drivers on all aspects of delivery and product to provide better
quality and service. Must coordinate and schedule independent truck owners.
• Perform batching of ready-mix, ensuring that proper mix design and job
specifications are followed.
• Responsible for plant maintenance and repair. Inspect plant equipment and facilities
for mechanical problems and other equipment malfunctions. Relay these problems
to the Plant Operations Manager.
• Performs and records product testing on a scheduled basis.
• Occasionally drive Ready-Mix or dump truck as needed.
• Assists others in facility maintenance and safety tasks during slow or idle periods.
• Must work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes,
• Must complete all required paperwork including accounting, time cards, safety or
equipment reports on a daily basis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|• Requires a high school diploma or GED.
• Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license and qualify under KRC
Safety Fleet Policy.
• Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
• Regular attendance required.
• Communicate efficiently with customers and company personnel.
• Extensive knowledge of the surrounding area and a company products.
• Ability to take initiative to increase the quality of one’s skills to become more
• Ability to read and interpret maps.
• Perform mathematical functions pertaining to billing, volumes, quantities, etc.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute ratio, percentage, draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Computer skills to ender orders into software.
|How To Apply:
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.