||Knife River - Texas Division
||Raymond Riley Jr
||04/30/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Operates asphalt plant YEAR ROUND for the production of hot mix asphalt and other mix designs used in the construction and
maintenance of roadways. Note: this is not a Seasonal position - the Plant is operational all year.
This position reports directly to the Plant Superintendent that supervises employees involved in the operation of the asphalt plant
and mixing of aggregate material.
|- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate
- One year of experience in asphalt plant production and/or operations.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
|- Must be able to understand and interpret written material, including technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, and charts, graphs, or tables and apply what is learned from written material to specific situations.
- Must have an understanding of basic math that will be used on the job: counting, adding, subtracting and multiplying.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment; possibly with difficult personalities.
- Must contribute to maintaining the integrity of the organization; display high standards of ethical conduct and be trustworthy.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions for self and others sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in recognizing non-standardized situations and preparing recommendations for problem resolution.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees.
- Skill in utilizing a wide variety of equipment for which it is intended.
|Duties and/or Responsibilities:
|- Ability to take detailed verbal and written direction and apply standardized practices and principals.
- Interpersonal communication and cooperation with other employees is critical.
- Inputs data into a computer system for asphalt plant production activities.
- Operates controls for loading trucks with material.
- Monitors material temperature and quality.
- Assists in the training of other plant employees.
- Participates as a team member in daily production operations and assists in plant preventive maintenance as assigned.
- Reports mechanical failures, and/or material inconsistencies to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Communicates with the Quality Control Department to ensure all materials produced are within customer specifications.
|* Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Two Medical Plans with GENEROUS Employer contributions * Health Savings Account * Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D
Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid
Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
|How To Apply:
|Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.