||Knife River Materials - Northern Minn. Division
||Trisha A Kuechenmeister
||08/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
Responsible to operate straight truck or tractor-trailer equipment, maintain properly and transport material to designated location in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safely operate Class A truck to transport asphalt or aggregate to job site often times driving on uneven or unfinished surface.
• Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
• Maintains driver log according to ICC regulations as required.
• May operate loader to load aggregate into truck box.
• Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
• Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
• Assist with plant maintenance, repairs, set up and take downs.
• Tarp load when needed.
• Clean spilled material/buildup off box (spill chutes, equipment, belts, side boards, etc.).
• Verify that gates are closed.
• Complete load tickets.
• Assist construction crews while waiting to unload.
• Spread product.
• Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch.
• Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
• Maintain and support a safe and harassment free work environment.
• Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance and attend required training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written).
• Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
• Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful toward others.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and recognize matters needing attention and initiate action on that recognition.
|EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
• A CDL Class A (tractor-trailer) required.
• Must have lowboy- flip tail, over-size and over-width hauling experience.
• Must have and maintain medical card and acceptable driving record and required endorsements.
• Must be familiar with road construction, proper load securement, heavy equipment and highway heavy hauling.
• Overnight travel is required.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: Box 40, Bemidji, MN 56619.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.