||Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
||James W Trull
||05/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Knife River is looking for experienced Loaders Operators to work on projects in Northern Idaho.
Responsibilities include the following
• Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
• Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) on loader. Maintain 3 points of contact at all times while performing maintenance activities.
• Safely and properly operate loader. Make sure bucket/attachments are lowered to ground whenever leaving the equipment.
• Load trucks with driver in sight to communicate and ensure safe loading procedure.
• Load trucks up to legal hauling weight limit
• Identify appropriate material to produce quality aggregate material per job specifications. Communicate with other personnel and make required adjustments to material blends.
• Maintain smooth, level haul roads
• Maintain contaminate free aggregate piles
• Inspect material - check gradation quality, oversize rocks, contaminants
• Keep pit floor smooth & haul roads maintained
• May keep concrete plant fed for maximum production
• Check for spillage on plant floor and clean up daily (assist with shoveling spillage)
• Check for worn out flashing on plant that could lead to spillage
• May maintain the left over concrete that is dumped out at the plant
• Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with people under difficult, high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations; act courteously and be respectful of others.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.) Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
• Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
• Ensure OSHA, MSHA,EPA, DNR, lockout/tagout, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
We offer a full benefit package after 60 days which includes full medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
|Qualified candidates must have experience working with a Loader, as well as the following:
• Pipe laying experience
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods
• Handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis
• Ability to see well and distinguish between back up alarms, voices and other normal sounds consistent with construction job sites
• Dependability and ability to work in a safe manner
• Environmental adaptability
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Team player, able to get along with a diverse group of people working toward a common goal
|How To Apply
|You may apply online at www.jobs.mdu.com or by completing an application at the following office location:
13305 E. Trent Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS POSITION. EMAILS AND RESUMES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.