||Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
||James W Trull
||05/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Knife River is looking for hard working pipelayers to perform the following duties on projects in Northern Idaho who will be responsible to:
• Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
• Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
• Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
• Cut pipes to required lengths.
• Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
• Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
• Install and repair water, stormwater & sewer structures and pipe systems.
• Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints, and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
• Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
• Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
We offer a highly competitive benefits plan after 60 days.
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing throughout employment.
|Successful candidates will have a minimum of 1 year experience with underground utilities as well as experience working around construction equipment.
Must be hard working, dependable and be able to perform manual labor for approximately 80% of the work shift.
|How To Apply
|You may apply online at http://jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
13305 E. Trent Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS POSITION. EMAILS AND RESUMES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.