||Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
||James W Trull
||05/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Knife River is seeking capable and driven Lead Pipelayers to assemble, connect, and construct pipe systems for sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains on projects in Northern Idaho. Responsibilities include:
• Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems;
• Read, identify, and understand blueprints related to all above and below ground utilities;
• Align and position pipes to prepare them for sealing;
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels;
• Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, cover pipes with earth or other materials, cut pipes to required lengths;
• Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools;
• Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools;
• Ensure a clean and safe working environment, identifying and addressing potential safety concerns.
• Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
• Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
This position may require weekend or out of town work.
We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and 401k to employees following period of eligibility.
We are a drug-free environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing throughout employment.
|Successful candidates will preferably have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with underground utilities and:
• Have ability to handle, fit and install drainage, sewer, water and associated appurtenances;
• Able to dig trenches to locate utilities by hand or using trenching tools;
• Extensive knowledge of water, sewer and storm drain systems as well as dry utilities and other civil related projects;
• Solid knowledge of pipe laying methods, practices and procedures;
• Demonstrates initiative and reliability with minimal supervision.
Must be hard-working, dependable and be able to perform manual labor for approximately 80% of the work shift.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
13305 E. Trent Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS POSITION. EMAILS AND RESUMES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.