||Terilyn K Esperanza
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|This position is responsible for compiling payroll data, entering data and reconciling errors to maintain payroll records. Position coordinates payroll functions with operations, various payroll centers and payroll shared services. Also, assist the Accounts Payable Department in vouchering invoices.
|1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
3. 2 plus years experience with payrolls, accounting or other business related field.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office software programs
5. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
6. Organized and accurate.
|1. Associates degree in accounting, business or other related field
2. 2-4 years experience in a payroll processing position.
|Duties & Responsibilities
|1. Answer employee questions related to payroll or other employment policies.
2. Complete weekly payroll processing steps in a timely, efficient and accurate manner and work with supervisors on discrepancies in data.
3. Pre-audit data and verify authenticity of output in daily payroll and file maintenance.
4. Resolve problems concerning payroll and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
5. Responsible for accurate distribution of all manual payroll checks.
6. Responsible for working with PSS to assure accurate information/data in the payroll module.
7. Responsible for balancing payroll runs.
8. Answer employee questions and troubleshoot errors/issues to resolve in a timely manner.
9. Reviews wages and corrects errors to ensure accuracy.
10. Records changes affecting new wages for each employee.
11. Support time card data entry or import from external sources.
12. Where applicable, submit Davis-Bacon trust transfer amount weekly, coordinate monthly Davis Bacon deposit, verify certified payroll reporting and sub-contractors reports and report non-scale jobs information for federal or state reporting.
13. In coordination with Payroll Shared Services, prepare manual payroll drafts as required for errors or terminations.
14. Verify accuracy of re-employment earnings and hours.
15. Working with Payroll Shared Services, verify child support and wage garnishments.
16. Interact and communicate with HR, Accounting and Supervisors on a continual basis.
17. Workforce Central website submitter.
18. Complete wage or employment verifications for outside parties.
19. Assist Accounts Payables in vouchering invoices.
20. Always work safe and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.