DOT Comp Officer/Trucking Dispatch Superintendent
||Knife River - Southern Idaho Division
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Knife River Idaho Division is looking for a motivated and experienced DOT Compliance Officer/Trucking Dispatcher Superintendent
Manage day-to-day operation of the trucking fleet including managing all trucking operations, hiring and supervising all trucking personnel. Ensure the timely, efficient and profitable delivery of rock and asphalt products and related services to internal and external customers.
Working in extreme weather conditions should be expected.
We offer a full benefit package after 60 days which includes full medical, dental, vision and 401K
Drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS POSITION. EMAILS AND RESUMES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION.
• Detailed knowledge of DOT technical specification requirements necessary.
• Four-year degree in Business Administration plus 2 or more years experience OR five years or more of comparable experience.
• Knowledge of CSA
• Understanding of required Log Books and regulations
• Strong communication skills and must be able to handle stressful situations.
• Mathematical and mechanical competency required.
• Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
• Valid Idaho Driver’s license required.
• Experience as a CDL truck driver preferred.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
• Manage the trucking operations, working closely with the Asphalt, Construction, Aggregates, Bulk Cement and Oil and Ready-Mix Departments.
• Dispatch trucking personnel and equipment.
• Manage and oversee daily trucking costs
• Dispatch and organize Low-Boy operations.
• Responsible for scale operations.
• Order and procure oversize permits.
• Hire and supervise truck drivers.
• Develop and complete reports for various departments as needed.
• Prepare and submit annual compliance reports, permit renewals and ensure compliance reports, permit renewals and ensure compliance with regulatory standards and requirements.
• Assure compliance with DOT rules related to drivers.
• Perform other duties as may be required from supervisor.
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to work all shifts including nights and weekends
• Other duties as assigned
This position will require you to be able to work both independently and as a team player.
|How To Apply
|You may apply online at http://jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
5450 W. Gowen Road
Boise, ID 83709
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.