||Long Beach, CA
||Michael G Ellis
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|The Project Manager, provides primary oversight on assigned field operations in a manner consistent with company policies and procedures. Oversee day-to-day operations for marine construction projects, ensuring that the project is completed safely, within schedule and within budget.
1. Monitor and control the projects assigned including project QC documents (i.e. RFI's,
Daily Reports, Timesheets, Submittals, Change Orders, and correspondence.
2. Closely examine costs on each project. Scrutinize each completed project, identify
the lessons learned or overlooked, then incorporate the new knowledge into day-
today operations, and future projects.
3. Control the project schedule (3-week look ahead, monthly, baseline). Directly
responsible for timely material orders to support installation. Be proactive and make
certain that that internal and external questions are answered quickly and clearly in
order to keep the installation on schedule.
4. Maintain excellent customer relations. Handle all customer correspondence related to
the assigned projects.
5. Review all projects' performance weekly and flag any problems or potential problems
6. Communicate with Contractors and Customer in a clear, accurate, and concise
fashion across written and verbal formats.
7. Ensures strict adherence to OSHA requirements and safety program as detailed by
the company Safety Director.
8. Provide reports as directed to Project Manager and/or Operations Manager, to update
field efficiency improvement progress and objectives.
9. Process subcontractor monthly pay requisitions and ensures all supporting
attachments are correct.
10. Maintains subcontractor/vendor purchasing register. Verify all sub-contractors have
current insurance certificates and current Union status letters from sub-contractors.
11. Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography and other
topographical or geological data to plan projects.
12. Compute quantity take-offs for estimates and assist the estimators as needed.
|1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent
number of years’ experience.
2. Minimum of 3 years' experience in construction.
3. Survey experience using GPS equipment/software.
4. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and AutoCAD.
5. Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
|Key Skills & Competencies:
|1. Strong computer skills; ability to learn new programs and use company software
2. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities.
3. Strong Excel and database skills.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Knowledge using estimating and scheduling software.
6. Team player and have ability to work independently.
|How To Apply:
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
1925 Pier D Street
Long Beach, CA 90802
Connolly-Pacific Co. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
*Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.