||$4,237/$4,933 - $5,296/$6,167 /month
|Assist in the analysis and reporting of financial transactions and statistics for MDU Resources Group, Inc., its utility divisions, and subsidiaries. Assist in development and implementation of accounting procedures and systems to assure proper and effective financial reporting and compliance, and provide research and accounting assistance to others. Provide accounting and analytical support in the verification, control and processing of work activities in respective area. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic financial statements, analyses, reports and data requests for management, internal departments and external entities. Complete the day-to-day activities, calculations, reconciliations and analyses necessary to perform periodic financial accounting closes. Assist in the coordination, preparation and administration of the annual capital and O&M budgets, the Operating Plan and the five-year Financial Forecast. Recommend enhancements to accounting policies, procedures and information systems. Assist with compliance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and to the FERC Chart of Accounts. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
|• CPA or professional certification desired.
• JD Edwards and utility accounting experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible and willing to learn and/or assist in implementing new ideas and processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounting and financial statement preparation methods and requirements (FASB, FERC, and SEC).
• Proficient in personal computer applications with emphasis in spreadsheet and/or accounting software.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of corporate financial data.
• Excellent human relations skills in dealing with associates, other departments, operating unit personnel, external auditors, attorneys and consultants.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of financial / accounting impact of invoicing and accounts receivable transactions.
• Strong working knowledge of utility regulatory environment and related rules and tariffs affecting billing, accounts receivable, and customer interaction.
• Familiar with FERC Uniform System of Accounts and Company policy and procedures.