||Knife River - Texas Division
||Raymond D Kiphen
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Responsible to safely operate heavy rolling machine to compact earth fills, subgrades, flexible base and bituminous surface to grade specifications preparatory to construction of highways, streets and runways.
|1. 1-2 years of relevant experience.
2. Equipment operation and maintenance experience preferred.
3. Valid Driver’s License required.
|Duties and/or Responsibilities:
|1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Safely and properly perform maintenance on roller.
3. Safely and properly operate roller
4. Identify appropriate rolling pattern and drives machine in successive overlapping passes over surface to be compacted to prepare quality surface.
5. Determine speed and direction of machine, based on knowledge of compressibility of material under changing temperatures, so that ridges are not formed by excessive pressure.
6. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
7. Safely and properly operate loader. Make sure bucket/attachments are lowered to ground whenever leaving the equipment.
8. Load trucks with driver in sight to communicate and ensure safe loading procedure.
9. Load trucks up to legal hauling weight limit
10. Assist laborer or roller operator with dumping trucks and keeping load counts
11. Help clean curb and gutter areas
12. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
13. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
14. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
15. Assist in loading and unloading equipment for transport, including load securement.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
|* Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
|How To Apply:
|Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.