||Knife River Materials - Northern Minn. Division
||Trisha A Kuechenmeister
||08/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
Responsible to safely control the movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Safely control movement of motoring public through construction sit.
• Discusses traffic routing plans and type of location of control points with supervisor
• Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals
• Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers
• Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites
• Records license number of traffic control violation for police
• May give hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic
• Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss traffic flow problems with work crew and supervisor
• Performs other duties as assigned
|EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record
• Maintain valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record when pilot car operation required
**Open until positions are filled**
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: Box 40, Bemidji, MN 56619.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.