||Knife River Construction-Northern CA Stockton Div.
||Gregory D Silva
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|To maximize bituminous plant production through monitoring equipment operation and performing preventative maintenance.
|1. High school diploma or GED equivalent or a combination of equivalent education
2. Valid California Driver’s License.
3. Basic knowledge of plant operation, conveyor systems, and maintenance.
4. Must have good mechanical, troubleshooting skills.
5. Needs positive attitude and the ability to work well with others and follow directions.
6. Must be willing to work overtime, night and weekends as directed.
7. Basic knowledge of use of computers.
|Duties and Responsibilites:
|1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct
any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. The asphalt plant operator performs the start up on the asphalt plant and operates
the asphalt plant to batch materials used in the manufacturing hot mixed asphaltic
3. The operator moves controls on a panel board or control board to heat, dry, and
mix ingredients such as asphalt oil and stone to produce asphaltic paving
4. He/she observes gauges, dials, and operates machinery to ensure conformance to
5. Monitors oil consumption of asphalt plant.
6. Calibrates asphalt plant.
7. Coordinates and assists with repairs on machinery, using hand tools, power tools,
and welding equipment.
8. Operates a man-lift to access repairs and required to wear a fall protection harness.
9. Ability to climb numerous stairs to top of 100’ silo for repairs.
10. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people
under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal
skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of
11. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment
operation/repair, etc.) Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers
12. Directs the movement of trucks through the loading of asphalt materials, using two
way radio communications.
13. The employee operates a motor vehicle (truck) to water down roadway in yard,
loader to load trucks, skid steer to clean up around plant and any other equipment
necessary at plant operations.
14. Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions,
processes, and behaviors.
15. Ensure OSHA, EPA, safety and environmental regulation compliance, and
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
17. Complete all necessary daily reports.
|How To Apply:
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206-0099
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.