||Knife River - Texas Division
||Daniel Rios Jr
||04/30/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Responsible to operate straight truck or tractor-trailer equipment and maintain properly to transport material to designated location in a timely manner.
|1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. A CDL Class A (tractor-trailer) or CDL Class B (straight truck) license. Preference given for experience driving a belly dump, flowboy, lowboy, tanker or straight truck.
3. Must have and maintain medical card and acceptable driving record and required endorsements.
|Duties and/or Responsibilities:
|1. Safely operate Class A or B truck to transport asphalt or aggregate to job site often times driving on uneven or unfinished surface.
2. Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Maintains driver log according to ICC regulations as required.
3. Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
4. Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
5. Tarp load when needed.
6. Clean spilled material/buildup off box (spill chutes, belts, side boards, etc.)
7. Verify that gates are closed.
8. Complete load tickets.
9. Spread product.
10. Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch.
11. Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
12. Maintain and support a safe and harassment free work environment.
13. Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance and attend required training.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written).
16. Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
17. Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful toward others.
18. Ability to work with minimum supervision and recognize matters needing attention and initiate action on that recognition.
|* Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
|How To Apply:
|Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 674, Bryan, TX 77806.