||Knife River - North Dakota Division
||Kari L Turnquist
||04/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
|Responsible to operate straight truck or tractor-trailer equipment and maintain properly to transport material to designated location in a timely manner.
|1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
2. A CDL Class A (tractor-trailer). Preference given for experience driving a belly dump, flowboy, lowboy, tanker or straight truck.
3. Must have and maintain medical card and acceptable driving record and required endorsements.
|How To Apply
|Knife River is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 5654 134th Ave, Williston, ND 58801 OR 3303 Rock Island Place, Bismarck ND 58504
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
|Duties & Responsibilities
|1. Safely operate Class A or B truck to transport asphalt or aggregate to job site often times driving on uneven or unfinished surface.
2. Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Maintains driver log according to ICC regulations as required.
3. May operate loader to load aggregate into truck box
4. Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
5. Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
6. Assist with plant maintenance, repairs, set up and take downs.
7. Tarp load when needed
8. Clean spilled material/buildup off box (spill chutes, belts, side boards, etc.)
9. Verify that gates are closed
10. Complete load tickets
11. Assist construction crews while waiting to unload
12. Spread product
13. Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch
14. Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
16. Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance and attend required training.
17. Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
18. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written); self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful toward others.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.