Ready Mix Drivers (Seasonal)
||Knife River - North Dakota Division
||Kari L Turnquist
||05/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
|This position is for various Ready Mix plants in the towns of Bismarck, Watford City, Williston, Beulah, and Washburn.
To provide products and delivery services to customers in a timely manner to meet customer expectations
|1. A CDL Class B license with two years truck driving experience. Preference given for experience driving a ready mix truck. Must maintain medical card and acceptable driving record.
2. Basic knowledge of world events and acceptable interpersonal communication skills
3. Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful toward others.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
5654 134th Ave NW
Williston, ND 58801
3303 Rock Island Place
Bismarck ND 58504
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check
|Duties & Responsibilities
|1. Perform daily truck inspections and report needed repairs.
2. Daily maintenance of equipment.
3. Drives truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement and water and starts mixer adjusting ready mix to proper slump, rinsing down loading area and cleaning off material spilled on outside of drum
4. Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites:
5. Drives truck to location for unloading, attaches chutes then unloads concrete
6. Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck, using water hose and hoe.
7. Drives trucks including ready mix, septic, block and aggregate materials.
8. Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
9. Clean and maintain truck .
10. Ensure proper loading and adjusting of ready mix to proper slump.
11. Add value-added supplies, such as re-rod, chloride or sealers, etc as needed.
12. Make contact with customer on job site for unloading instructions and secure signature on load invoice.
13. Adjust moisture to contractor’s requirements and note changes made to the product and any weather and environmental conditions on the load ticket for quality assurance.
14. Ensure proper use of truck tracking software.
15. Be able to work without direct supervision.
16. Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards and other needed paperwork.
17. Maintain proper information in truck cab and perform daily housekeeping in truck cab.
18. Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance including attending training.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.