||Knife River Materials - Northern Minn. Division
||Trisha A Kuechenmeister
||08/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
To efficiently run the paving operation and produce quality asphalt product in timely manner.
1. Communicate paving crew needs with dispatch - Calculate number of trucks required to haul aggregate and/or asphalt according to capacity of vehicles, traffic conditions, distance from work site and productivity of drivers
2. Communicate needs to plant
3. Work with crews, inspectors, and subcontractors to complete projects
4. Produce quality asphalt product within specifications
5. Coach employees
6. Communicate needed information to employees
7. Assist new employees
8. Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information daily
9. Tour work site to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
10. Measure slope and thickness of paving to verify compliance with contract.
11. Measure distances from reference points to locate boundaries of construction site.
12. Directs work crews engaged in operation of vehicles and machines.
13. Verifies curvature of graded surface using hand level.
14. Supervise bituminous paving crews, aggregate production crews or crews engaged in operating machines to tamp, roll and smooth surface for sub grade of highway.
15. Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information daily
|EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment
2. Minimum 3 years experience in product line
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: Box 40, Bemidji, MN 56619.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.