Asphalt Distributor Drivers (2) Stockton
||Pacific Northwest Oil Company
||PNWO - Spreading
||Eric E Hicks
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
|This position is responsible for operating an asphalt distributor truck safely and efficiently. Under the direction of the dispatcher, the driver will be responsible to deliver and apply product to customer specifications on appropriate projects. As the position is weather and construction season dependent, there may be a period of layoff.
1. * Operates a heavy duty diesel truck equipped with an asphalt tank and spray bar to deliver asphalt and emulsion to the job site.
2. * Conduct all pre and post trip safety inspections and paperwork.
3. *Must work with company dispatcher to receive daily project assignments.
4. Must fill truck tank using proper loading procedures with asphalt oil, emulsion or other product.
5. *Transport tank load to assigned project in the safest and most efficient travel route.
6. *Must operate truck instruments to distribute tank load on road or other appropriate surfaces as directed by customer order.
7. *Where appropriate, may apply material with hand wand walking over area where material is applied.
8. *Driver must maintain clean, proper and good working order the truck, tanker and other equipment.
9. *The driver must inform the dispatcher or mechanic of needed roadside or overnight repairs to the truck to keep it in compliance with company policy and/or state or federal regulation.
10. *Insure all measurements of road or job have been taken and are verified before departing project.
11. *Drivers must keep a daily driver’s log and monitor for hours of running and communicate with dispatch.
12. *Drivers must complete all required paperwork including accounting, time cards, safety or equipment reports.
13. *Must work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
|1. High School diploma or GED.
2. 2 years’ experience in a position driving asphalt distributor trucks.
3. Must possess a valid class A state driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
Pacific Northwest Oil
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.