||On Electric Group, Inc. (OEG)
||The Dalles, OR
||Alexander P Maia
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Promote On Electric Group’s Core Values, Safety Culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Provide overall project management support for Data Center projects with the capability of supporting large Data Center projects. Provide support from initial bid preparation through job closeout documentation to the customer. The PM shall be responsible for the following tasks and actions.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project
• Prepare a complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form
• Plan and organize a project in conjunction with Division Manager
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies
• Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project and negotiate all change orders on the project
• Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets
• Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision
• Represent the company in project meetings
• Supervise the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client and negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion
• Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of a Division Manager
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
• Review any documentation prepared by Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer before submission
• The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related discipline preferred. Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience that is equivalent
• Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in the electrical construction industry. Experience on large scale projects in excess of $10 million preferable.
• Experience with redundant power schemes preferable.
• Experience working in operating data centers preferable.
• Experience with Data Center commissioning processes preferable.
• Experience with management of multiple subs in a “Prime Contractor” structure preferable.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Accubid
• Tactful with professional demeanor, and ability to interact effectively with managers, employees, vendors and others
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Ability to interface with all levels of staff in a professional manner
• Travel 25%
• General work environment, sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying
• Some exposure to construction noise
• Occasional lifting up to 20lbs.
|Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AAP
Drug screen and background check required.