|This position will estimate heavy civil public and private projects, complete bids, meet with owners, prepare takeoffs, review plans and specs and scheduling, assist superintendents, coordinate with subcontractors, prepare and review billings and track costs.
Specific job responsibilities include the following:
1. Review proposal specifications, drawings, pre-bid meetings and visit project sites to determine scope of work required in preparing bid/estimate proposal.
2. Determine labor, equipment and material requirements to complete project and use information to prepare bid/estimate proposal.
3. Submit complete bid/estimate proposals to project owners, managers and/or general contractors in a timely and professional manner, provide any clarification on information submitted as needed.
4. Provide current and potential customers/clients prompt professional service including design, planning and pricing assistance.
5. Provide project administrative management of awarded contracts
6. Coordinate with Construction Manager and field leadership, establishment of project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance requirements. May provide indirect or direct supervision of field crew members/foreman or superintendents.
7. Maintain documentation of quantities and value of work estimated/completed to support forecasting for future project performance
8. Provide ongoing support to Construction/Operations for efficient and profitable execution of work including scheduling, procurement and change order/supplemental work processes
9. Monitor subcontractors work
10. Partner with Contract Administrator to review and process financial aspects of contracts (ie: billings, sub-contract payments, material payments, collections, etc.)
11. Manage project (responisible for all projects bid unless reassigned)
12. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors
13. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Maintain information processed in Heavy Job
*Assist with WIP worksheets and processes
*Assist with job set up
*Solicit and manage subcontract process
*Ability to perform all functions of estimating
*Accurately maintain job budgets and schedules
*Perform other work as assigned
*Manage and direct overall project performance
We offer a full benefit package after 60 days which includes full medical, dental, vision and 401K
|You may apply online at https://jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
195 East 600 South
American Fork, UT 84003
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS ABOUT THIS POSITION. EMAILS AND RESUMES WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF THE REQUIRED APPLICATION.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.