||Knife River - Midwest Division
||Sioux City, IA
||Candy B Klingensmith
||05/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
|To complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality asphalt paving or concrete projects
This job position will work in IA, SD, NE
|1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
2. Equipment maintenance & operation
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
|Duties & Responaibilities
|1. Safely perform labor tasks including any of the following:
2. Measures distance from grade stakes, drive stakes & stretch tight line.
3. Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
4. Levels earth using pick or shovel (Aggregate)
6. Performs flagging duties as needed.
9. May operate small powered hand tools
10. May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
11. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller
12. Remove road joints
13. Hook up and un hook small trailer to pick-up
14. Fill sand bags
15. Able to operate skidster for clean up of materials
16. Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
17. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete using float, trowel or screed.
18. To keep concrete yard and buildings neat and clean looking.
19. Perform housekeeping on various company equipment to keep them looking good to the public and customers, easier for operators and maintenance to do preventative maintenance checks, and for maintenance personnel to make repairs when needed.
20. To operate concrete saw
21. Cutting and tying of rebar.
22. Perform general concrete set-up and tear-down of forms
23. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
24. Ensure OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
25. Performs other duties as assigned.