||Knife River - Central Oregon Division
||Tim A Burkhart
||01/25/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||$12.00 - $16.00 /hour
|Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Mechanic Apprentice at our Tumalo Shop in Bend, Oregon!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Help keep the shop and yard storage area clean and orderly.
- Assist with mechanical repairs on trucks and equipment.
- Check and prepare service trucks for use and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Clean and pressure wash equipment prior to repairs.
- Operate fork lift to move pallets and other equipment.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM.
Must have the ability to work flexible shifts, including overtime, off shifts and weekends.
|- This is an entry level position.
- Some knowledge of care and safe operation of trucks and light motor driven equipment is a plus.
- Valid Oregon driver's license in good standing is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Oregon CDL, if requested.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members.
|How To Apply
|To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.