|Knife River Construction – Stockton is a construction business supplying contracting and construction services to public and private customers in the greater San Joaquin County.
We are looking to fill a full time position of Estimator/Project Manager.
Responsibilities for the position will include:
1. Review proposal specifications, drawings, pre-bid meetings and visit project sites to
determine scope of work required in preparing bid/estimate proposal.
2. Determine labor, equipment and material requirements to complete project and use
information to prepare bid/estimate proposal.
3. Submit complete bid/estimate proposals to project owners, managers and/or general
contractors in a timely and professional manner, provide any clarification on
information submitted as needed.
4. Provide current and potential customers/clients prompt professional service including
design, planning and pricing assistance.
5. Provide project administrative management of awarded contracts.
6. Coordinate with Estimating Manager, Construction Manager and field leadership,
establishment of project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance
requirements. May provide indirect or direct supervision of field crew
members/foreman or superintendents.
7. Maintain documentation of quantities and value of work estimated/completed to
support forecasting for future project performance.
8. Provide ongoing support to Construction/Operations for efficient and profitable
execution of work including scheduling, procurement and change order/supplemental
9. Monitor subcontractors work.
10. Partner with Contract Administrator to review and process financial aspects of
contracts (i.e.: billings, sub-contract payments, material payments, collections, etc.)
11. Manage project (responsible for all projects bid unless reassigned)
12. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment
operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and
13. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
This leadership position will partner with other leaders to reinforce our culture of safety and quality. Successful candidates will work with superintendents, customers, sub-contractors, foreman and construction crews to deliver services to meet job specifications.
This position is responsible for .
1. Estimating public and private projects.
2. Completing bids.
3. Meeting with owners.
4. Preparing takeoffs.
5. Reviewing plans and specifications and scheduling.
6. Assisting superintendents.
7. Coordination of subcontractors.
8. Preparing and reviewing billings,
9. Tracking costs
10. Investigation of problems and problem solution.
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206-0099
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.