||Knife River - Central Minnesota Division
||Sauk Rapids, MN
||Janelle L Adelman
||05/01/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
|Responsible for safely keeping equipment running and maintained properly
|1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment with demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document.
2. Mechanical experience - diesel engine preferred
3. Provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
4787 Shadow Wood Drive NE
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
|Duties & Responsibilities
|1. Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on all types of equipment and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
2. Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc. on a daily basis.
3. Troubleshooting equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
4. Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed and reassemble equipment and parts.
5. Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks
6. Clean work areas
7. Fill out shop repair orders daily
8. Drive and maintain mechanics truck
9. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Frequent contact and communication with others within and outside the company. Self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
10. Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
11. Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
12. Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
13. May be required to operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair then operate repaired equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.
14. Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics and some specialty tools.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.