||Knife River - Midwest Division
||Sioux City, IA
||Michael D Bertrand
||04/04/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||Full-Time - Seasonal
|Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers and jobsites.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Distributor Operator in Sioux City, Ia. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Safely operate and drive truck equipped with tank to spray oil or bituminous emulsions on road surfaces.
• Complete pre and post trip inspections on truck equipment.
• Assists construction crews while waiting to unload.
• Develop product knowledge and understand the importance of quality & service.
• Connects hose from storage tank to truck tank and moves level to fill pressure tank with bituminous liquid.
• Regulates burner to heat liquid and starts auxiliary pump, cleans tac nozzles.
• Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
• Ensure OSHA, EPA, and DNR safety and environmental regulation compliance.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
|• Previous truck driving experience (preferred, but not required).
• General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license, medical card and clean driving record. Class B minimum requirement, Class A preferred but not required. Must have Tanker endorsement. Haz-Mat a plus.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. a number of times a day.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and overtime.
• Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
|* Paid Holidays * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan* Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
|How To Apply
|If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.