||Knife River - Western Oregon Division
||Donald D Kincaid
||03/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
||$16.13 - $23.04 /hour
|Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Ready-Mix Concrete Truck Driver at one of our 4 Ready-Mix Plants located in Portland, Oregon. Our drivers are home every night and we offer competitive wages with a full benefits package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely drive and deliver ready mix concrete to commercial, construction and residential projects.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on truck equipment.
- Document each delivery and complete all paperwork that may be necessary.
- Develop product knowledge and understand the importance of quality & service.
- Wash residual concrete from the truck and maintain a clean appearance by complying with Knife River’s operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
|- Previous truck driving experience (concrete experience preferred, but not required).
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license, medical card and clean driving record. Class B minimum requirement, Class A preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. a number of times a day.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and overtime.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
|How To Apply
|To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
|Hiring Bonus and Referral Incentive
|We are now offering a hiring bonus and referral incentive! Eligible positions include CDL drivers (Ready Mix and/or Aggregates) in the Portland Metro Market area.
Eligibility: The prospective employee must list the current employee as their referral source on the application in order to be eligible for the referral incentive.
Hiring Bonus and Referral Incentive: When the new hire successfully drives solo, he/she will receive a hiring bonus of $500. When the new hire successfully completes one year of service, he/she will receive an additional $500 hiring bonus, for a total of $1000.
*Successfully driving solo means that a trainer and supervisor both sign off that the team member is ready and able to drive solo and the new hire has demonstrated this successfully.